As I mentioned recently, my new goal is to be personally enriched by school. I remind myself of this goal multiple times a day.
On Monday, I made an interesting observation. After coming out of my mineralogy lab, I realized that I felt personally enriched. Very much so, in fact. We were looking at various igneous rocks and identifying the minerals in them, and I thought it was very fun. I wish I could describe to you the joy that I felt when I found some garnets in a rock that was mostly plagioclase and amphiboles, or when we compared rocks that both had K-feldspar, plagioclase, and amphiboles, but the feldspar was more consolidated in one of the rocks because it had cooled more slowly. All the things that I learn about science increase my faith in God and Jesus Christ. I am awed at all the things They have to know and be able to do in order to create worlds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(140)
-
▼
September
(13)
- how to dye your clothes in the washing machine (no...
- backwashing is a useful skill
- It used to be that when Kevin put food into his mo...
- why I chose the hard way
- on being personally enriched
- lessons learned from school
- Kevin's first haircut
- some Spanglish to brighten your day
- accumulated notes about Kevin
- [I wrote this a long time ago, and I know I had mo...
- because I want to make some random comments
- "At least it gets people reading."
- one week in
-
▼
September
(13)
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
No comments:
Post a Comment