This week I have decided to implement two concepts into my life.
First of all, I have decided that I am going to school for personal enrichment. Not a degree. Not so I can get a job someday if for some reason I need to work. Those will be nice side bonuses if I graduate. But I am going to look at this as an opportunity to become a better person and to gain light and truth and knowledge. Which means that I am trying very hard to learn to measure success in my schoolwork based on if I am enjoying it rather than the grades. If at some point I feel like being a mom is just too busy and I don't have time to go to school any more, that's fine. If I don't manage to finish my degree here before we leave, that's fine. This is for personal enrichment.
Second, I learned this week that there are people who are just plain mean. There aren't a lot of them, but they do exist. And although I will inevitably come in contact with these people a few times in my life, I'm not going to let them get me down, and I'm not going to let them be a reason to quit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(140)
-
▼
September
(13)
- how to dye your clothes in the washing machine (no...
- backwashing is a useful skill
- It used to be that when Kevin put food into his mo...
- why I chose the hard way
- on being personally enriched
- lessons learned from school
- Kevin's first haircut
- some Spanglish to brighten your day
- accumulated notes about Kevin
- [I wrote this a long time ago, and I know I had mo...
- because I want to make some random comments
- "At least it gets people reading."
- one week in
-
▼
September
(13)
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
No comments:
Post a Comment