Wednesday, September 15, 2010

accumulated notes about Kevin

On Sunday when the opening hymn started in Sacrament meeting, Kevin started waving his arms as if he was directing the music. The motions he was making were even quite similar to the ones a chorister would make. We were quite impressed that he's noticed the chorister during the hymns and choir practice.

Most days we try to go outside. If we don't, Kevin starts going crazy.

Kevin loves to play with the phones. I pretty much always give him the phone while I change his diaper because he always asks for it and won't stay on his back if I don't give it to him (it's pretty hard to put a prefold on a baby who is standing up). Lately when he gets the phone he has taken to propping it on his shoulder and babbling while wandering around the apartment. I guess he's noticed that the phone has something to do with talking and that it belongs in the vicinity of your ears. I thought that was pretty smart and cute.



Kevin has been having a lot of meltdowns the last few days. We've started resorting to just sticking him in his crib until he calms down. I think that's constructive since it helps him learn to soothe himself and use his own resources to calm down, but I'm afraid that he'll start to think of going to bed as a punishment. I would really like bedtime and naptime to be a happy time. Maybe he needs a little more sleep.

Kevin learned to throw a ball. I don't know how he figured it out because it's not like we throw things very much, but it's pretty cute.


A gangsta and a thumb sucka. Very cool.


This is more dancing. Now that he can walk he's added some new moves and modified some old ones.




No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers