Evenings like today are pretty effective birth control. The thought of more little Kevins is about more than I can bear!
Not that any of our children will survive him. Do you know how many times I put him in time out today for hitting/pushing/pulling hair/pinching/whacking with toys? Me neither. I lost count.
And to top it all off, as I left him in his bed and turned off the light, he was singing I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus. Could have fooled me. But how can you not forgive a child when he's singing that song so sweetly?
I want to throw away all our stuff. All of it. I'm sick and tired of tripping over it and climbing all over it. Most of all, I'm tired of looking at it.
But now that Kevin's in bed, I'm too tired.
I made chicken, potatoes, and sweet potato fries for dinner. I was sure Kevin wouldn't eat any of it because by the time dinner was ready he had coerced me into making him four pieces of cinnamon toast and a bowl of applesauce, all of which he ate. Nope, he also ate a handful of sweet potato fries and some chicken.
I am often faced with two choices. One is to have something besides cereal for dinner and a clean house, but to have screaming monkeys flying everywhere and be miserable. The other is to spend the evenings outside and come home to a train wreck and something fast and not-so-exciting for dinner.
In other words, I opted to clean the house and have a good dinner today, and Kevin went stark raving mad.
Oh, by the way, he also thought ripping up The Real Mother Goose would be a better use of his time than taking a nap. That was what made me decide to move all his toys into the living room, which meant the crib had to go in his bedroom, which means our walk-in closet is going to be Heidi's bedroom. And all of this shuffling is most likely the reason Kevin went nuts. All those changes are way too stimulating for a tired little boy.
I think it would have been better to put him in front of a TV and have him watch for two hours than to treat him the way I did today.
I'm still fuming. But tomorrow is another day. And he does like sitting on my lap at the piano and singing primary songs, so that's something. He also gives sweet kisses to Heidi.
Heidi is eating second dinner and rubbing bread on her ears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(146)
-
▼
April
(19)
- Since our fourth anniversary is this Thursday, we ...
- more Kevinisms
- Heidi's recent accomplishments
- I am very impressed that Heidi has figured out ho...
- climbing
- covered in flour
- the last time I did karaoke
- Kids do not think rationally.
- I've been thinking a lot this semester about the i...
- things that went through my head today
- my ripped pants story
- John Rosemond on Day Care vs. Parent Care
- Today we went to a park we've never visited before...
- lessons learned from couponing (and giving it up)
- playing in the closet
- random thoughts
- some more things Kevin's been saying
- Heidi at 9 months
- hot glue strings
-
▼
April
(19)
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
1 comment:
Just remember that everyone has those days with their kids, and the best part is the day will end. Tomorrow is another day (I hope it is a better one)
Post a Comment