Sunday, April 22, 2012

Heidi's recent accomplishments

Heidi has taken her first steps without holding onto anything. She will only take one or two steps before she falls down, though. If you hold her hands she will walk very fast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ore0iYKnc7A&feature=youtu.be



She also enjoys feeding herself from a spoon. I will put a little bit of food onto it and then give her the spoon and then she puts it into her mouth, and does a pretty good job, too. This is not an activity I could have done with Kevin! He would have flung the food far and wide.

Her newest vocalization is something like this: "Hm! Hmmmm. Hm! Hmmmm. Hm! Hmmmm." (It's quite rhythmic.)

She's finally sleeping through the night again. She got into the habit of waking up at about 4:30 to eat. She was going right back to sleep again, but I was getting tired because it was hard to get back to sleep after that, and once I got back to sleep again it was time to get up for the day. I knew that she could make it all night because she was sleeping through the night when she was just a couple of months old. So I decided to let her cry. The first night she cried for what seemed like quite a while, but I didn't time it. The next couple of nights she cried less. It was really only a couple of minutes (I timed it). And now she doesn't wake up until about 6:15. Much better. I also cleared out one side of our closet and put the pack n play in, so I think we've found a sleeping solution for her for a while. We just keep the door open a little for ventilation, and she sleeps really well in there. Now the crib is back in Kevin's room, and the living room seems more roomy!

Heidi is learning to sign "more." She's very delighted about it. I'm going to have to brush up on some signs, because we haven't had to use them much with Kevin for a while.

Tomorrow Heidi will be ten months old. Now that we're in the double digits it seems like her birthday is a lot closer.

Here are some more pictures. I love Heidi's smiles.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers