I've had a little bit of spare time to try some of the sewing/craft projects that I've pinned on Pinterest. (Click the links to see the tutorials I used.)
A month or two ago I used some scraps leftover from the changing pads to make a grocery bag holder. It's been nice to have all those grocery bags in a smaller space and more accessible. It also gives me an idea of when I need to stop collecting grocery bags. I usually use reusable bags, but I do like to have some around--they're useful as little trash bags, for putting stinky disposable diapers in before I throw them away, or for holding cloth diapers I changed away from home. I think this would be a very good project for someone who is learning to sew, because it's lots of straight lines and then elastic (in a casing) at the top and bottom.
Felt flower. (Still cute, but not my favorite. I'm going to try it again with something other than felt so it's not so bulky.) I also made another one using this tutorial. I haven't decided what to do with it. I might use it to pin to my own shirts
Baby shoes. (Way too small for Heidi--I'm going to have to try to mess with the pattern so I can make some that fit her. But they were a cute present for a friend who's having a baby soon!)
Silk flower. I was so pleased with how this one turned out!
All of these projects were very cheap because they didn't require very much fabric. I bought a huge package of assorted buttons too. Many thanks to my mom for the hot glue gun, which made most of these projects possible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(146)
-
▼
April
(19)
- Since our fourth anniversary is this Thursday, we ...
- more Kevinisms
- Heidi's recent accomplishments
- I am very impressed that Heidi has figured out ho...
- climbing
- covered in flour
- the last time I did karaoke
- Kids do not think rationally.
- I've been thinking a lot this semester about the i...
- things that went through my head today
- my ripped pants story
- John Rosemond on Day Care vs. Parent Care
- Today we went to a park we've never visited before...
- lessons learned from couponing (and giving it up)
- playing in the closet
- random thoughts
- some more things Kevin's been saying
- Heidi at 9 months
- hot glue strings
-
▼
April
(19)
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
1 comment:
You've been busy! Good job!
It's always fun to catch up on what Kevin and Heidi are doing now. What {busy!} cuties!
Post a Comment