Tuesday, April 3, 2012

some more things Kevin's been saying

"Come here." (while beckoning to Heidi)

"Funny!"

"Um, Ryan?"

"Ryan, dinner ready!"

One morning while I was busy doing something else, Kevin was pushing Heidi's high chair over to the front door and standing on the chair to unbolt the door. I was just a few feet away in the kitchen, so when I heard him get off the high chair I would just go over and rebolt the door so he couldn't run off somewhere. He got progressively angrier with me each time I did it, and each time he unbolted the door he would say to me, "Okay. Don't touch it!" One time after I bolted the door again he said, "Okay, a-listen. Pie-oup!" (Okay, you didn't listen. Time out!) Then he grabbed my legs to take me to time out.

"Oh, a-got!" (Oh, I forgot!)

" 'Member?" (Remember?)

"Ah-yeah? Ah-yeah!" (Oh, yeah.)

"I want it this."

He has been singing Away in a Manger, I am a Child of God, The Wheels on the Bus, and the ABCs. We have had some lovely moments this week playing the piano and singing primary songs. I'm glad that he's starting to learn some primary songs.

"DON'T SCREAM!!"

He likes to call "Bangka" (Grandpa Tanner).

He's been talking about baptism a lot lately. Nursery lesson?

Here's a video where he was talking about Jesus being baptized (inspired by the picture on the Preach My Gospel book).



I couldn't understand everything he was saying, but here's what I could understand: "Jesus crying. Happy. Jesus crying. Oh, no. Oh, no. All wet. Is Jesus sad? He's sad. He's happy. Where's Jesus?"

He's been asking to watch movies of spiders a lot lately. I'm glad he wants to watch something somewhat educational, but it's making me a little paranoid about Brown Recluses and Black Widows. Ryan is redirecting him to BBC Life videos.

If he wants to go see something, he says he wants to say hi to it, as in "say hi lawnmower," or "say hi Lexi."

He has this funny new laugh. It has a forced sound and goes, "Uh uh uh!"

"Piece . . . of . . . bread?" "Eggs for lunch? I want to break it." He also likes to make his own toast and scrambled eggs, with help--or rather, he thinks he can do it by himself, but I help him because he isn't actually allowed to use the stove and cut slices of bread. You know, safety and all that stuff.

"Two hands?"

"BAH-na-na?" That's how he pronounces banana. He likes to peel them. The problem is that he doesn't eat them.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

These are great! I'm always glad when I take time to write down what the children are doing.

Blog Archive

Followers