Monday, April 30, 2012

Since our fourth anniversary is this Thursday, we had a family home evening lesson about the temple and how our family can be together forever. I told about some of the events that happened that day, and explained that because we were married in the temple, we will be married for all eternity. I also said that means that Kevin and Heidi will be in our family forever. I showed Kevin a picture of the Provo temple where we were married and also one of our wedding pictures. It was a really nice lesson, and I think it touched Kevin.

We are truly blessed to have a temple marriage and to have the ordinances of the gospel in our lives. I am so grateful to have Ryan in my life. He is a very good man. He always forgives me when I lose my temper, he encourages me to push a little harder when I don't even want to get up off the couch, he shares thoughts that increase my understanding and testimony of the gospel, he supports me in the goals that I set for myself, and he is so nice to talk to. He was one of the first guys I had ever met who I could have a meaningful conversation with. We love sharing puns and laughing about them.

Last Thursday we found a babysitter and went to do proxy sealings at the Raleigh temple. It was really nice. There was a man there who had done some of his genealogy and had found the names of several children to be sealed to their parents. We had a feeling that those children were very happy to be sealed to their families. I love my children so much and am so grateful for the reassurance that we are linked to each other forever. Family means so much to me. The family is central to God's plan for us. It's not just a nice side benefit; it's the whole point. God intends for us to be saved with our families.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers