I think it will be a decent semester.
My mineralogy teacher is a really nice guy (which is a good thing since he's the undergraduate advisor). It looks like most classes will be based on working together in groups after having a short lecture, so for once I'm going to be in a more hands-on class. I can't think of any class that I've taken that's been like that--sort of sad, since science classes really should be like that. The basic purpose of the class is to learn the minerals in rocks and to be able to look at the minerals and tell based on the minerals how the rock was formed. I think it will be very interesting, and definitely applicable to the rest of my major.
My Calculus 3 teacher . . . is interesting. The first thing she did when she walk into the room was look at the board, throw her armload of papers and binders onto the table angrily, and then say a swear word, followed by "Erase the board!" The teacher who had been teaching the previous class had not erased the chalkboard. I immediately started feeling a little nervous, thinking that if she's going to get upset like that over something that's not such a big deal, she might be a little difficult to work with. But as the class progressed, I think I've concluded that she's actually a fairly reasonable person. She was always very respectful when we asked questions and worked on the problems. I think she just has her pet peeves about things like having class be interrupted. She was really upset both times people's cell phones rang--and as for that, she has a point. So I think as long as people do their work and do basic things like come on time and be polite during class, she's a reasonable person. I thought she did a very nice job of teaching the first lecture. I sort of had the impression that she was there to teach, not to be interrupted by cell phones and people arriving late and having to explain the syllabus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(140)
-
▼
August
(13)
- Kevin-ness
- having attended both classes once . . .
- on shopping
- strong opinions: It's okay to be an introvert.
- a couple of recipes
- the breastfeeding post
- just to clarify
- K, insurance, non-fiction, school, and missionaries
- monkey in Relief Society
- edited previous post
- stir-fried dandelion stems
- surprise of the day
- at the doctor's office
-
▼
August
(13)
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
No comments:
Post a Comment