Tuesday, March 23, 2010

two things K figured out in the last couple of days

Yesterday I was washing Kevin's face after he ate, and he took the washcloth away from me and started playing peekaboo. I was a little surprised because I had been playing it with him a little bit but didn't think he cared much about it. He likes to hold the washcloth up in the air, and then he lowers it and smiles expectantly, waiting for us to say peekaboo. What a smarty! I guess he understands a lot more than I realize.

The other thing that's coming along is the ability to pick up things with the thumb and pointer finger. He likes to eat things that he can hold himself, but mostly it's been bigger things that he can hold in his fist like pieces of bread. But today I was giving him small squares of cooked carrots and he managed to pick up quite a few with his thumb and pointer finger and get them into his mouth. I was very impressed. Feeding time is a lot more messy lately. I'm trying not to stress about it.

1 comment:

Amy T said...

What a smart kid!

I always enjoy reading your updates and seeing the pictures.

Blog Archive

Followers