Thursday, March 25, 2010

last year

A year ago today, we found out that we were going to have a boy. We had been den leaders in cub scouts for several months, so I was scared to death that I would someday have one of those in my house and have to deal with that all day long. It seemed like they were constantly wrestling, yelling, punching each other, bouncing off walls, and basically ignoring any attempts at restoring order. An hour a week of that was hard enough. Despite these fears, however, I did receive a feeling of peace that reassured me that I would be able to handle the challenges that I was about to face.

Now that white and black blob is a real person and is eight months old, and sometimes it's really hard, although not in the ways I expected. Kevin is active and curious and can be very determined, and I get really frustrated sometimes when he's crawling from power cords to my hair to the bathroom to the garbage (and yes, all of these must be tasted) and all I seem to be doing is chasing him around. But I didn't know that I was going to be blessed with such a sweet child. Every time I go to the store, I see people's faces light up because of his sweet smile. He has a talent for sharing light and joy with people. I wish I could describe it better. It's amazing to see people who aren't feeling particularly happy suddenly light up when they see him and then continue on their way with a smile on their faces. He's a good baby. He has a sweet temperament, and for the most part only complains if he really does need something. I'm grateful for the special relationship I share with him.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers