Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Ward Party

Our ward had a Christmas party. Ryan got sick and couldn't stand up, let alone go to a ward party, but I had signed up to bring orange glazed carrots and a dessert and the way the emails about food were phrased it sounded like people would go hungry if my carrots didn't show up, so I went to a ward party with three kids by myself. I read the recipe wrong and the carrots didn't turn out quite right, then somehow the glaze that didn't get thick got spilled all over my pants and I had to change, then we had to drive to the church in traffic, so we were late to the party, but it wasn't a big deal. It turned out that there was way more than enough food and my contribution wasn't really needed, but the kids were actually good and I didn't have to make dinner, so that was nice. Kevin and Heidi are at a stage now where they can go off and play with friends and I don't have to worry that they'll be off in Mexico if I can't find them for fifteen seconds, so that has made things easier. Ann Marie didn't get to leave her stroller, but she was a pretty good sport about it all things considered, and she ate a pretty good dinner.


The Primary children sang some songs.


I bet your ward doesn't have a youth band/orchestra like mine does. We had a piano, a baritone, violins, a saxophone, a bass clarinet, and a cello. They played several songs and did a lovely job.


I wasn't planning to stay afterwards and help, but when Kevin saw people cleaning up he said he wanted to help, which I decided was a desire worth encouraging. He was actually really helpful and worked really hard. I really appreciate that Kevin likes to be a helper.

The next day was the ward choir's Christmas program, and fortunately Ryan was feeling better, so the kids were taken care of while I played the piano with the choir. It was a really special program and I really felt the spirit, especially playing John Rutter's Rejoice and Be Merry (which is also very fun to play on the piano). "So blessed forever be Jesus our King, who brought us salvation. His praises we'll sing, his praises we'll sing!" What a blessing it has been to praise my Savior each year with our choir. Because of his gift we have so many reasons to rejoice.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers