Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Annandag Jul 2015

I actually took pictures at Annandag this year. I guess it helps that I have a cell phone now, so I usually have a camera in my pocket.

The Johnsons have invited us to Annandag Jul every year since we've lived here and we always look forward to it. Reed gives the same lecture about the proper way to cut cheese every year: "This is not a tomahawk. You don't whack the cheese. You use a cheese plane, like this, to get nice thin slices." It took me until last year to work up the courage to try the brown cheese, but it's actually pretty good!


There were the typical dishes that they make every year, including a few kinds of fish and cheese, and other things that people brought. We brought some rolls.

After dinner we did ring dances and danced Christmas through the house. Heidi wasn't as shy this year and she participated, and Kevin participated sometimes between getting distracted by other interesting things. I got a video of the ring dances this time!



Chad Kearsley always makes a kransekake (a Norwegian wedding cake) and this year's was a good one!


It was in the 70s outside and pretty hot inside. I had brought my fudge and homemade Take 5 bars to share, and even though we kept them in the freezer until it was time for dessert, the fudge melted into the consistency of frosting by the time people started going around with their plates, so that was interesting. A lot of people still took some and said it was good.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers