Usually Ryan makes the cakes. I decided I wanted to be ambitious and try making a nice cake from scratch. I made a four-layer chocolate cake with hazelnut cream frosting. I had a couple of tablespoons of sliced almonds in the cupboard, so I decided to sprinkle them over the top. It was delicious and I learned a lot in the process of making it. I'm not sure when I'll try making another one because I'm more of a pie/cookies/chocolate kind of a person, but now I know how to do it.
I got Ryan a new case with a keyboard for the tablet. Then a couple of days before Ryan's birthday it occurred to me that this wasn't as great of a present as I thought it would be because we started using our new smart phones and now we don't use the tablet as much. It will still be useful, just not quite as exciting as I was thinking it would be. Hopefully Ryan had a nice birthday.








No comments:
Post a Comment