Sunday, September 21, 2014

I don't do it all.

I think sometimes people are impressed with my bread-baking, cloth diapering, piano-playing, sewing, reading, and whatever else and they get intimidated because they think I do it all. I just wanted to clarify that I don't do it all and that sometimes I feel the same way to other people who have talents that I don't. Nobody does it all. There isn't time.

I am not a good photographer, and while I'm not satisfied with my pictures, I don't care enough to learn how because I would rather do other things.

I don't crochet or knit.

I don't make fancy wall decorations and my picture frames don't match.

I don't decorate cakes. I don't care that our birthday cakes are cake mix with frosting slathered on top. I don't even like cake. I don't do themes or activities for our birthday parties and I rarely even invite friends over to celebrate with us.

I don't do crafty things with my kids very much.

We never go to story time at the library.

I didn't do anything creative or cute or clever on Kevin's first day of school. I packed his lunch and snack and made him get dressed and eat and then Ryan took his picture. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

The fabric from one of my "recent" sewing projects has been sitting in a wadded up ball under my sewing table for several months.

I like Ramen and Hamburger Helper Chicken Enchilada Rice occasionally.

I don't go out of my way to buy organic food. (We do eat a very healthy diet with a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains.) I also don't buy quinoa, kale, or seaweed, nor do I substitute flour with mashed cauliflower and claim that I love it. I also have to curb my tendency to be very judgmental of people who go to food extremes.

My kids eat cereal a lot. Sometimes for breakfast and lunch on the same day.

I have a temper. I also have to use a lot of willpower sometimes to let my kids give me hugs because sometimes I hate being touched.

I haven't worn makeup for a couple of months.

I don't have a single pair of high heels.

I don't wear trendy clothes.

I tend to change back into my pajamas in the middle of the afternoon (if not earlier) most days.

I would rather take a nap than take a shower (and yes, I do forego showers for the sake of napping, for everyone's sake).

Kevin watched a movie almost every day this past summer so I could take a nap, and sometimes I let him watch the movie twice. (Now that he's in school we are not keeping up this habit.)

I spend too much time on the internet.

I am terrible at sports and I've never cared enough to try to get better. I am also frequently guilty of foregoing exercise because I don't want to sweat.

Cleaning the bathrooms is pretty low on my priority list.

Whenever I plan activities they are extraordinarily poorly-attended.

I have other worse faults that I don't want to admit on my blog.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers