Saturday, September 27, 2014

games the kids like to play

Lately one of the kids' favorite games to play is Doctor. Kevin is usually Doctor Alice, and Heidi is usually Doctor Morgan. Ann Marie is the patient, of course. In a typical visit she generally receives multiple shots, has her blood pressure taken a few times, and gets several zaps from the defibrillators (i.e. the toy vacuum or the toy digger). This game requires close supervision, obviously.

Kevin likes bean bag fights. He's only allowed to have them with me or Dad, and only if we're not holding the baby, because he throws the bean bags really hard and it hurts.

Heidi loves to reenact scenes from Frozen. She has a lot of the songs and scenes memorized. She will knock on the door and say, "Elsa, I know you're in there. People are asking where you've been, etc." or she will lie on the floor and do the scene where Christoff is in the barn and Ana is trying to get him to take her to the north mountain. I'm getting a kick out of it because I was a huge fan of princesses when I was little and I'm enjoying seeing her playing Princess like I did.

Heidi burned her thumb (the one she prefers to suck) on the heating element of my food dehydrator about a week and a half ago. She's been going through bandaids like Halloween candy. By the end of the day she had gotten a blister over the burn, so I was trying to protect it with bandaids, but it popped anyway, which made it a little more painful if she bumped it. I tried to give it some air sometimes so her thumb didn't end up a gooey germ-infested mess, but whenever I did that there were a lot of tears. I'm so glad that it's mostly better now and I don't have to keep picking up used bandaids, which is just gross.

For Heidi, the highlight of the first week of school was getting a new package of underwear.

Ann Marie enjoys nose beeps and peekaboo.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers