Tuesday, September 2, 2014

first week of school

Ann Marie is three months old now! She rolled over from tummy to back on Tuesday (Aug. 26). She has taken longer to roll over than the other two kids (Kevin did it at 2 months and Heidi did it at 3 weeks [!]), but it still seems early. I think she will probably figure out rolling from back to tummy soon too. She gets most of the way there, but then she finds her thumb and starts sucking on it instead of going the rest of the way. I have to hold her or put her in a baby seat with me in the kitchen a lot to protect her from the kids, so she doesn't get as much floor time as Kevin and Heidi did. She has started laughing. One of her favorite games is when I touch my nose to hers and say, "Beep." It makes her giggle hysterically. At her two-month appointment she weighed 12 lbs. 6 oz, so I'm guessing she's probably around 13 lbs. now.

I think Kevin had a good first week at Kindergarten. He was disappointed on Saturday morning that he didn't get to go to school. He also took a nap that afternoon of his own initiative, which was the first time in many months. He doesn't talk about Kindergarten much, but occasionally he mentions things. Here are a few of my favorite things he said this week:

"The cafeteria is this place at school, and it has a restaurant in it."

"My bus driver is a farmer. He was doing naughty things because he just drove past Baity Hill and didn't stop."

"At school there are rules, like no running, and respect others."

(Not school related)
Me: What are you eating? Spit that out right now!
Kevin: (spits out wrapper) I think it was some kind of wrapper at some point.
(Name that movie.)

Heidi was very upset that she didn't get to go to school with Kevin at first, but she is also enjoying that she gets to have the toys all to herself for a while every day. It's certainly quieter during the day without Kevin's noises, and the house stays cleaner too.

I am on week 3 of Couch to 5K, but I am repeating the first week for the third time. I am feeling some pain in my knees and I'm having a hard time deciding if it's the good kind of pain that means your muscles are growing or the bad kind of pain. I am thinking of going to Aqua Aerobics at the Y a couple of times to give my knees a break. Even though my knees are sore, I can tell that my heart and lungs are really improving, so that's encouraging. If my knees weren't hurting I would probably be moving on to the second week of Couch to 5K.

For those that are wondering (a lot of people have been asking), Ryan and his advisors have talked about him graduating next May. He is trying to get a couple of papers published before then and he is looking for a postdoc position at Who-Knows-Where University. He's working really hard and the kids and I are very proud of him.






No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers