- If I didn't get to dip my food myself, and I remember after the fact that I wanted to do it myself, the food is unfit for consumption.
- If I want more than you gave me, but you insist that I must wait until I finish what I have, the food I already have is unfit for consumption.
- If I wanted to do the salt myself and you did it for me, I will not eat the food.
- If I refuse to eat my food, you are still not allowed to eat it because it's still MY FOOD.
- If my brother doesn't like his peas, then I don't like my peas either.
- I can only eat if I am leaning my entire body on the table, hanging mostly over the chair beside mine, with one foot on my chair for balance.
- It is unsafe to have a small crumb or smudge of sauce on my fingers, and you must immediately wash it off before something dreadful happens to me.
- Do not put the food straight into my mouth. I must hold it first.
- I am entitled to unlimited bites of your toast, even if I have already had my own breakfast.
- If there are grapes in the fridge, I deserve to eat them.
- Food tastes better if I'm eating it on the couch.
- If I don't like it, I will not tolerate its presence on my plate.
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
unspoken, but unequivocal, rules about food (as established by two-year-olds)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(96)
-
▼
July
(14)
- Goodreads Review: Ethnic America by Thomas Sowell
- thoughts about prayer
- Kevin's first talk
- enough with the Pinterest hate
- cow appreciation day
- favorite pretend games
- Kevinisms
- Fourth of July breakfast
- giant watermelon
- Heidi Ann, age two
- July and August are always rough months for me. Ou...
- unspoken, but unequivocal, rules about food (as es...
- new point of view about Mary and Martha
- potty training thoughts
-
▼
July
(14)
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
No comments:
Post a Comment