I have known about Cow Appreciation Day for a couple of years, but this was the first year we took advantage of it. Basically, if you dress up like a cow, you can get free food at Chick-Fil-A. I like free, and I like Chick-Fil-A's chicken nuggets. I also like seeing friends, and we had several friends who were going to go at the same time. I didn't feel up to doing full cow costumes (which gets you an entire meal), but I could handle coloring black spots and taping them on our shirts (which gets you a free entree). So we went, and we got free chicken nuggets.
Kevin liked the guy in the cow suit that was giving kids hugs and high fives. Heidi was overwhelmed by all the people and wouldn't even eat any chicken (not that she will eat chicken anyway, but I sort of thought chicken nuggets would be a different story).
Kevin did a good job eating a few chicken nuggets, but then he wanted to go in the play area, so I said that was fine. Here he is peeking out of the car, which he thought was so cool.
Heidi really wanted to go in the play area too, but I didn't really want to let her go in there with all of those bigger kids, which made her a little frustrated with me. For that reason, we didn't stay for very long. Kevin came out with one shoe off, and I shoved the shoe in my purse and dragged them out. But we still had a fun time. Maybe next year I will plan ahead and our costumes will be a little cooler.
Speaking of Chick-Fil-A's chicken nuggets, I found this copycat recipe and it was quite good. I used whole wheat for the breading because we were completely out of white flour, and it turned out just fine .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(96)
-
▼
July
(14)
- Goodreads Review: Ethnic America by Thomas Sowell
- thoughts about prayer
- Kevin's first talk
- enough with the Pinterest hate
- cow appreciation day
- favorite pretend games
- Kevinisms
- Fourth of July breakfast
- giant watermelon
- Heidi Ann, age two
- July and August are always rough months for me. Ou...
- unspoken, but unequivocal, rules about food (as es...
- new point of view about Mary and Martha
- potty training thoughts
-
▼
July
(14)
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
No comments:
Post a Comment