Thursday, December 29, 2011

new goal

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I am taking a new approach to goals and becoming more disciplined. I've decided to make smaller commitments and work on them one at a time, about a month at a time, instead of feeling bad about my lack of discipline all the time.

My old goal was to only eat sweets for a treat on the weekend and on special occasions. I've slacked off a little bit over the holidays, but not too much, and now I'm back on track. I think this really has made a difference in how I feel. In particular, I feel better when I wake up in the morning. I used to frequently wake up with a slight headache and didn't feel very rested. That's not usually a problem anymore, and it stopped about the time I started working on my goal.

My new goal is to start getting up before the kids are awake to read my scriptures and say my prayers. That means I need to get up by 7:30, and therefore I also really need to be in bed at around 10:00. I realized a week or so ago that if I have some quiet time to collect myself and invite the Spirit to help me before I have to deal with breakfast and diaper changes and all the other early morning craziness, then I can handle it all more patiently and calmly than if I try to also take care of my prayers and scripture study after the kids are up. It's hard to get to bed early for me because after the kids are in bed it's a good time to get things done, but it's worth it to have the patience during the day.

What goals are you working on?

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers