I've been in kind of a rut of spending too much time on the internet lately, and I wanted to just find a couple of websites that were uplifting and helpful so that I could read those and then be done with internet reading for the day. Just in time, two blogs showed up!
First, I started following moneysavingmom.com in my Google Reader (now that I've discovered she has a "lite" RSS feed so you don't have to read every grocery deals post she makes!). She has a lot of really great insights about budgeting and money-saving. She's been doing a series called 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life. It's been really helpful for me because lately I've been so frustrated with my lack of discipline in some areas. She talks about making specific goals and working on them one at a time. I decided to join in. I'm going to start by giving up candy, cookies, etc. except for a treat on the weekends or some special occasions. I am also going to work on being on time to things, specifically by aiming to leave fifteen minutes earlier than I normally do and getting things ready to go the day before instead of at the last minute.
I've also started following http://www.keepapitchinin.org/. Ryan's sister Amy has been contributing to a series of posts called Eminent Women on that site, and there are also many other interesting posts. I've enjoyed learning some new things about church history. The author doesn't put up with any of the contentious drivel that is showing up in the comments of so many websites lately, so it's all very uplifting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
No comments:
Post a Comment