I got sick with swollen lymph nodes and an earache. It seems like I have that happen at least a few times a year. After several days I finally decided to call a doctor, but I couldn't get an appointment until the next morning, and of course by that time the raging pain in my left ear was gone and I was practically better, so I didn't go. But it's thrown everything off because I didn't feel like doing anything since turning my head hurt. I was doing really well with going on my morning walks and keeping the kitchen clean, but now it's all stopped and I'm going to have to try to get back in the routine. I have missed my walks, though, so I'm excited to start doing that again on Monday. I've been listening to conference talks and Jane Eyre on RT's ipod while I walk, and that helps me feel more motivated to do it since having something to listen to means I'm not bored.
K also was sick or something last Saturday. He woke up crying twice during the night, and when RT went to get him he had a fever. We probably will never know exactly why he was crying--it could have been his top teeth growing in or a sore throat or swollen lymph nodes or something else. But he was very snuggly for once and even took a nap on my chest, which was very sweet. He doesn't sleep too well in places other than his crib anymore, so it's kind of nice when occasionally he will fall asleep in our arms. He was pretty much back to normal by the afternoon. I'm grateful that he hasn't been sick too much and that when he has been sick it's never lasted too long.
Ryan is teaching again for the second summer semester. We always miss him when he's gone at school. He's continuing to work on his research.
We went to a ward pancake breakfast this morning. It was fun to talk to friends and eat yummy food.
There is a deaf woman in our ward named Julie. A couple of girls know sign language, and they talk to her and interpret for her. They have been teaching classes this summer about some basic signs, so I decided to go and learn a little bit so I can talk to Julie sometimes. I haven't learned much since it's only once a week and I don't get to practice very much, but it's still something. Today I finally got a chance to introduce myself in sign to her. I told her my name is Marci (I can finger spell Marcelaine, but I thought it's so long that it would probably be hard to follow) and that I'm learning a little bit of sign. It's not much, but I think she must be a little lonely when she can't really communicate with most people, and the impression I get is that she really appreciates it when people make any effort to talk to her. I've also started trying to sit where I can watch the girls interpreting for her at church. Sometimes it's hard to follow since they're always about one sentence behind, but it's helped me to learn and remember signs. So this has been a fun learning experience.
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(140)
-
▼
July
(14)
- Grandma's birthday presents
- a visit from a friend
- recent developments
- Cinnamon Muffins
- appliance review: Nutrimill
- sorry, no fancy cake pictures
- a birthday week
- Guess what I just bought!
- forgot to mention . . .
- some new things about Kevin
- Today at church we sang The Star Spangled Banner. ...
- pictures
- what's been happening lately
- on the Idaho Spud
-
▼
July
(14)
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
No comments:
Post a Comment