I just used my Nutrimill for the first time, and I just wanted to say what I like about it.
Before I bought the Nutrimill, I was using the ward's Magic Mill II. The Magic Mill was a good mill, but it was really noisy, and the noise was at just the right frequency to make me feel almost sick. It's also built so that the motor sits on top of the metal pan that catches the flour, so when you're done grinding wheat you have to lift up the heavy top and then set it on the counter to get to your wheat. The top would also be covered in flour, so it got a little messy and it was hard to clean it all off. It was convenient because after you're done milling you could just flip the grinder part over and store it in the metal pan, which made it pretty compact, but cleanup was such a pain that I didn't care if it was compact. Like I said, it's a good mill and I appreciated that it was available to me, but those were some things that were a little annoying about it. (The Magic Mill is very similar to the BlendTec mill. If you want to understand better what I'm talking about, you can watch some videos here that show how it works.)
These were some of the reasons I thought that the Nutrimill was the grinder for me. The grinder has a plastic bowl with a lid that slides under the wheat grinder, so when I'm done milling I just have to slide out the bowl and clean that and the lid, instead of having to lift up the heavy wheat grinder part. I just used a new paint brush to brush off the flour that coated the lid. It was much easier and not very messy. The trade-off is that the wheat grinder is pretty big, but for some reason that doesn't bother me as much as having to wrestle with the heavy top of the Magic Mill. I'm storing it in our closet when it's not in use. It's not very heavy, so bringing it into the kitchen isn't a big deal. It was also a lot quieter than the Magic Mill. It was about as loud as the vacuum, so it didn't really bother me. I think it took longer for the wheat to grind, but I always try to do other stuff in the kitchen while I grind wheat, so that didn't bother me either.
So anyway, I'm glad I bought it. I hope it will last me a long time, and I think it will be enjoyable to use. It will also grind many other grains and also beans, so I'm excited to try that out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(140)
-
▼
July
(14)
- Grandma's birthday presents
- a visit from a friend
- recent developments
- Cinnamon Muffins
- appliance review: Nutrimill
- sorry, no fancy cake pictures
- a birthday week
- Guess what I just bought!
- forgot to mention . . .
- some new things about Kevin
- Today at church we sang The Star Spangled Banner. ...
- pictures
- what's been happening lately
- on the Idaho Spud
-
▼
July
(14)
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
No comments:
Post a Comment