In honor of this being my 100th post, I thought I'd write down all 100 things that I wanted to do this week and didn't, or wished I could do but couldn't.
But then I realized that this is actually only my 97th post (I have a few forgotten drafts from a long time ago that I never got around to publishing). Plus, it's not healthy or productive to put that much energy into thinking about what you haven't accomplished. So I decided not to do it.
I've realized in the last week or so that I've developed an interesting bad habit. I think I've been doing it for a couple of months. Here's the bad habit: At the end of the day--every day--I start thinking about all the things I wanted to accomplish that day and didn't accomplish, and I start feeling really depressed because I didn't get anything done. But one day this week I started doing that, and then I stopped and realized that I actually had done quite a bit, which led me to realize that I do the same thing every day even though most days I do get quite a few things done. The whole time I was thinking it was just that I felt guilty because I'm so lazy, and that wasn't true. I guess Satan's getting smarter, because it didn't occur to me that he'd get me down with a trick like that. So now I'm working on breaking the habit. It's kind of hard. I know there are a few things I could change to manage my time better, but I still need to give myself credit for doing a pretty good job of fulfilling all my responsibilities.
When I explained this to Ryan, he said, "Mm-hmm!" Meaning, "That's what I've been trying to tell you all along."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(140)
-
▼
April
(15)
- on graduating
- Christ took upon himself our infirmities.
- Day of Service
- about bread
- funny story
- mid-book review: The Goose Girl
- Lemon Chicken Pasta Toss
- at the park
- almost crawling
- It has become impossible to keep Kevin in one plac...
- Kevin and food
- what to do with a whole chicken
- 100 things to do
- play date
- my little helper
-
▼
April
(15)
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
No comments:
Post a Comment