Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hanging Rock State Park

Hmmm . . . I thought I already posted this, but it only appears as a draft in my list of posts, so maybe I didn't. And the orange word "draft" is going to bother me, so I'd better publish it.

RT's parents are in town for about a week, so we all went to Hanging Rock State Park yesterday. We had a nice time walking on the paths towards a few different waterfalls (yes, there are waterfalls and mountains here). We like to spend time in the outdoors together. RT took a lot of really nice pictures. I have a suspicion that he may want to write about it and choose his favorite pictures, so I'm going to leave most of the pictures for him. If you want something to do in North Carolina, this is a very nice place to go. It's also pretty close to Pilot Mountain, which is a pretty cool geological feature. We drove close enough to see it and then went home because we were tired after exploring Hanging Rock State Park.





RT looks like he's just below an overhanging rock, but he actually discovered that there was a big gap there and the rock at that point is breaking away.



Here you can see the gap (the camera is pointed towards the sky). It's pretty wide, but I climbed back there before RT did and didn't even notice it because you can't see it until you're right underneath and looking up.



I think this is the farthest I've been able to see since we moved here. There are so many trees everywhere that you can never see very far. It was a beautiful view.



K was very good and mostly rode in the Baby Bjorn carrier with his dad. Most of the time he was content to sit and lick the side of it and look around, even when he was jolted around a little bit. I thought these pictures were so cute. Thanks to Amy for the cute hats she sent.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a cute boy! It looks like you had a beautiful place to visit--wow!

Becky said...

I love all the trees! Kevin is such a beautiful baby.

Blog Archive

Followers