Saturday, October 24, 2009

3 months, a week, and a day

Here's a little summary of K's latest tricks and antics (with some cute photos):

K knows how to get his fingers in his mouth and he's drooling a lot.

Does this mean he's teething? Maybe. I think babies usually get their teeth later, but it's possible, and the drool and desire to suck and chew on things are pretty good indicators. Bibs have become much more necessary now if I want K to stay somewhat dry. He's also learned how to stick his tongue out and lick things, which is really cute, but also really wet. I'm really wondering if this is some kind of pre-teething, because he's been much more fussy lately than he's been for about a month. It's nice that he's learned how to suck on his fingers and thumb, though, because when he wakes up but actually needs a little more sleep he will often suck his thumb and fall back to sleep.



K is enormous.

I really noticed it while RT's parents were here. He's getting so BIG! He's transitioning into 3/6 month size clothes, which is great since it's starting to get cooler and those outfits are warmer. I keep looking at the bigger clothes and thinking, "There's no way that would fit him. It's way too big." Then I try it on him and it's a perfect fit. I guess I don't realize how big he really is. I'd better be careful or he'll never get to wear that size of clothes--before I realize he's big enough he'll be big enough for the next size! He is heavy, and I hate carrying him around in the car seat. We left the car seat in the car and just carried him last week for Stake Conference, and I think I liked it better.


K is growing and developing so fast!

He's been able to roll over from his tummy to his back for several weeks now. He's starting to push things away if he doesn't want them--he will purposely grab his pacifier and take it out of his mouth! He loves to play with his toys, especially the red bug and the plastic keys. I think he likes those ones the best because they have parts that are easy for him to grab--and he does grab them and hold them now. It's been interesting to watch him learn to do that. K also seems to be figuring out how to push himself forward with his arms and legs, which makes me scared--one of our nephews was running at eight months, and I don't know if I will be able to keep up with K if that happens with him. Still, I think in some ways he will be more content once he's a little more mobile, because sometimes I can tell that he really wants to go places. I think it will still be a while before he figures out how to army crawl, but it will happen before we know it. He also "sings" with me and tells me all sorts of stories. He knows quite well that if he smiles and wiggles as fast as he can that we will tell him how cute he is.






K found his toes.


So cute!


After K's First Trunk or Treat Party

. . . notice the spoon he used to eat his chili. :)


2 comments:

Becky said...

It is great to see K growing! He is such a cute baby. I love when they love to grab their toes.

Tiffany said...

Look at him go! It's fun to get these updates--you're really very observant! No wonder he's growing so much if you're feeding him chili with a soup ladle...

Blog Archive

Followers