Sunday, May 3, 2020

Hoping for a Miracle

We've held two worldwide fasts at the request of President Nelson that the spread of the Coronavirus can be controlled, that healthcare workers can have the equipment they need, and that life can return to normal. Today was fast Sunday, and this was the focus of my fast today as well. Specifically I have been fasting and praying today that our country can get a system of widespread testing and contact tracing developed, because I believe this is the key to safely opening up businesses again.

I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time having faith that the miracles will come. This miracle seems too big. Or maybe I feel like we don't deserve it. I believe God loves his children, and I've seen his hand in my life before, but there's so much corruption and ineptitude in the way our government has handled this situation, and half the states are opening their economies this week, which will probably lead to a spike in infections. Not that I blame people for wanting to open things up, because being unemployed for three months is an impossible situation for a significant percentage of us, but I also think it's too soon.

I'm having a hard time believing this is going to get better any time soon. I think most people are going to be left deeply scarred by what's happening right now. We haven't even lost our income, and for me this has been an incredibly stressful time.

However, I was deeply touched when President Nelson said, "I know that He will heed the pleadings of his people." I think of this quote often, and I'm trying to believe.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers