Monday, January 29, 2018

Thanksgiving 2017

I'm pleased to report that I met all my requirements for a successful Thanksgiving!

I had a lot of help. The kids loved it.



Kevin worked on breaking apart the frozen pineapple. Our "special drink" for Thanksgiving is a can of crushed pineapple (opened and frozen beforehand) and a bottle of Sprite.




A little round of musical chairs before dinner:


Ryan made these beautiful rolls!









I made a lot of pie. Probably too much, but to me pie is half the reason for Thanksgiving. We had two pumpkin pies, a chocolate pie (I just did chocolate pudding in an Oreo crust), and a banana cream pie. The girls helped me make the banana cream pie using this recipe, and it was just fantastic. I'm sort of planning to make it again for my birthday. Actually, maybe I should just go make it right now, never mind that it's after midnight. It was pretty amazing how the filling suddenly congealed after cooking and stirring for one minute. I was totally expecting scrambled eggs mixed with half and half, but I followed the directions exactly and it worked out.





We had games and dessert at the church with friends. We took three of the pies to share, plus home made whipped cream, because I'm a purist and homemade whipped cream is important. I felt like I ended up wrangling kids more than chatting with friends, but it was still a nice time. I really need to figure out a way to arrange girls' nights more often. It's hard for me because I feel like my kids always want to come out if I have friends over after bedtime.

When we got back we stayed up late and watched A Christmas Carol.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers