Can you spot what's hiding in this picture?
I french braided Ann Marie's hair one day and when we took it out her hair was super curly! So beautiful!
Ann Marie and I went to Steed's Dairy for a preschool field trip. She probably spent 2/3 of the time in this playhouse with babies and a play kitchen, which is what she does at home anyway, so...glad I spent $5 for her to do that somewhere else. She did eventually move on and try some other activities, including disappearing for a few minutes :(.
I had my second ultrasound and we found out we're having another girl! To celebrate I made a chocolate silk pie with pink whipped cream.
I've thought several times about how well the timing worked out. October would have been the due date for the baby we lost last March. It was nice to have happy news from the ultrasound at a time that would have been a little sad. Baby Girl will also be arriving around the "anniversary" of the miscarriage. It's continued to be a healthy pregnancy and I'm hopeful that this will be our rainbow baby. I still wonder what will happen to the baby we lost. Ryan and I both felt that that baby was going to get another body. I'm not sure, but I don't really feel like this baby is the same spirit.
The vincas finally died, so I put the last of the pretty ones in a vase and pulled the rest out of the garden. I'm definitely planting more of these this year!
Kevin's cowboy costume:
Richard Elliot (organist for the Tabernacle Choir) came to Augusta to play at St. Mary On the Hill Catholic Church, and I was able to go! It was so fantastic! I cried a few times!
I was on a chicken salad sandwich kick for a while, and one day Ann Marie said she wanted what I was having, but without the chicken or mayonnaise. This was the resulting sandwich:
Halloween decorations:
I promise the kids had a good time trick or treating! I asked Heidi why she wouldn't smile and she said, "I don't like creepy stuff." I was going to make costumes again this year, but when we got to Goodwill they had lots of princess costumes for $10, which is less than I would have paid for the materials to make costumes, so we went with princess dresses for the girls and found supplies for Kevin's cowboy costume. So we had a cowboy, Cinderella, and Rapunzel. I also picked up two more princess dresses for Christmas presents.
We went trick or treating with our friends the Martins and the Ahlstroms. It was so fun to go with friends. The kids' buckets were overflowing by the time we got home, and they were very generous to share with Ryan and me.
Kevin's teacher emailed me this picture and said, "What a great way to start off this Friday! These 2 boys were spotted sitting together with their Social Studies books out and were reading and talking history together. They spent 30 min. together this morning and I hated to break it up to start our day. Love it!!" It made me happy too!

























No comments:
Post a Comment