Monday, December 4, 2017

Everyday August Pictures

Baby dolls strung up over a roaring fire amidst jeers of, "You're going to get burned!!." There was a great feast afterwards and then they repurposed the roasting pole for supporting a blanket fort. I had nothing to do with this.


Kevin and Heidi went back to school (3rd and 1st grade). Their teachers have been great. I love their school.



My vincas got huge.


We tried the contact solution slime recipe. I liked it much better than the borax one (which requires a lot of squishing around to get to the right consistency). Kevin and Heidi's slime was made mainly with white glue, whereas Ann Marie's was from clear glue.





We went over for a playdate at a neighbor's house and as we were walking there I realized all three of my silly kids were wearing long-sleeved shirts, in August, in Georgia.


"Mom, look! This shirt fits me!" (Ann Marie got an annoying hobby of getting into the baby clothes in the garage and bringing them in to try on. This particular shirt was a 3-6 month size.)


I bought peaches at a local fruit stand. I've generally had good experiences with farmer's market peaches before, so I expected these to be good, but the peaches never got soft and then most of them got moldy while still being hard. I ended up salvaging what I could and bottling them, which worked okay. I got seven quarts. Was it even worth it? We're thinking of planting some peach trees.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers