Ryan built new steps for part of our deck and has been gradually working on repainting the entire deck.
We went to Cow Appreciation Day at Chick Fil A. The kids actually helped with their spots this time and made their own ears.
Kevin's ear drum ruptured. He had been saying his ear hurt for a while, but he didn't act like he was in a lot of pain so I didn't feel rushed to get him to the doctor . . . until one morning he showed me the blood on his pillowcase. But it turns out ruptured ear drums usually heal themselves and they're not that big of a deal. He had to take oral antibiotics and have antibiotic ear drops for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, Kevin's allergic to penicillin, and the antibiotic they gave him instead literally smelled and tasted like vomit. He was good about taking it anyway and then quickly rinsing it away with a drink of water.
Kevin lost a top tooth! And he turned eight! We had a family party on his actual birthday with cake and presents. He got stuff for cub scouts and a remote control helicopter. The next Saturday we had a few friends over to play in the water outside and have root beer floats. I think they had a fun time.
Kevin was excited to start going to cub scouts.
Kevin lost the other top tooth soon afterwards.
Kevin was also baptized by Ryan. We talked to his friend Eva's family and decided to join forces and have them baptized the same day, which reduced the amount of work for both of us. I think Kevin had a special day. He seemed pretty happy. I think he was a little embarrassed to have everyone watching him when he was in the font because he kind of grinned sheepishly. I gave the baptism talk and Eva's sister gave the Holy Ghost talk, and while they were changing we asked people who had attended to write notes for Kevin and Eva.
I'm no photographer, and I'm really sad that I didn't get better pictures, but here's what I got.
Kevin and Eva were really good friends at school last year. Eva's family moved to a house in another ward's boundaries and a different school district soon after the baptism, so we unfortunately don't get to see them as much anymore.














No comments:
Post a Comment