Saturday, June 27, 2015

I generally avoid posting or commenting about same-sex marriage on the Internet. I have prayed and pondered a great deal about this topic, and I have had some sacred experiences in which the Holy Ghost confirmed that I need to stand with the prophet. Perhaps the church's position doesn't make logical sense. I can't transfer my experience to you, so you might not understand and you might not believe what I do. But I know what I have felt and I can't deny it. I prayed and the Holy Ghost told me that I should stand with the prophet. The reason I don't comment much about same-sex marriage is because most people already know what they think about this issue and aren't going to change their minds if I make a comment, and much of the time there's going to be someone who will trample my sacred experiences under their feet.

I'm disappointed in today's Supreme Court decision. The Constitution doesn't give them the authority to make decisions like this, and it scares me that increasingly our leaders are disregarding the Constitution. I worry about our religious freedom and I worry about what schools will teach my kids about the family. Maybe now people insist that religious freedoms are not in danger, but we are already on a slippery slope.

2 comments:

seguita said...

thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Eliza said...

Our approach (after being upset, of course), was to decide that we should help our children memorize the Family Proclamation so they will be able to identify the lies that will be taught them.

Blog Archive

Followers