I don't think I mentioned yet that I cut Heidi's hair short about a month ago. She had been asking for a short haircut like her friend Avery's for quite a while. I've trimmed her hair a couple of times before, I was a little reluctant to do a short haircut because I was afraid I would mess it up. If you do a short haircut there's not a lot of wiggle room for mistakes. But one day I went temporarily insane and decided to go for it. I was shaking the entire time, and Heidi was giggling with excitement the entire time.
When I was done cutting everything to the right length I checked to make sure both sides were even and realized that one side was shorter than the other, so then I had to try to fix that. Once I was done cutting I pulled the hair away from her head a little and cut the ends at a slant so that they would have a little bit of layering. That's my trick for hiding my mistakes. It's not a perfect haircut, but the mistakes are only really noticeable to me, and it looks darling.
I promise Heidi loves her haircut. In this picture she was pouting because she didn't want her picture taken.
I had to fix a couple of spots the next day.
I have actually really enjoyed her short hair because it's so easy to take care of. It used to be a pain to brush her hair because it would get so tangled and often she would get food in it. Now it just takes a few seconds to brush and there is a lot less crying about it. I still miss her long hair because it was so pretty, but I think for now short hair is a better arrangement for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)

No comments:
Post a Comment