Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas 2014

We had all the presents and stockings out and ready by 9:00 on Christmas Eve. I had gotten almost everything wrapped on the 23rd, which was nice because I didn't have to be up late wrapping presents. I tried wrapping diagonally this year, and I think I like that method better than how I used to do it. It seems faster and it's easier to make the presents look nice.

Early on Christmas morning I realized that Heidi had come out and fallen asleep on the couch (which happens most nights lately . . . ugh), but since it was already about 5:15 I decided to just shut their bedroom door so their nightlight wouldn't bother me and I could hopefully go back to sleep for a little longer. Unfortunately, Kevin saw me, and he followed me out and said, "Mom, I don't hear any reindeers on the roof. I think it's because our building is really, really huge." I told him to go back to bed, which he did, but a little while later he came out and joined Heidi on the couch.

A little after 6:00 I heard Heidi whisper, "Kevin! Kevin! Presents!" Then they got really excited and got up to look at all the presents and open their stockings. I managed to get them to eat breakfast and distract themselves with their stockings long enough for Ryan to get a shower, and then the present opening began.



I went to Joann's to get some flannel for making baby gifts and some pajama pants for Kevin, and Heidi saw this purple fabric and insisted she wanted me to make a blanket for her with it. I couldn't resist, so I bought a yard and made it for her.



Everybody was really happy with their presents. Heidi kept saying thank you for everything, and everything Kevin opened was his favorite and just what he'd always wanted. We got a lot of books and fun things.

The very last present I opened was a CD from my mom and my Aunt Sue. It's full of recordings of my Grandpa Warthen singing songs and telling stories about himself. My mom made the recordings on tapes when they were both recovering from injuries. I was never able to meet him, so this gift is truly a treasure. It took me a second to be able to tell Ryan what it was because I was close to tears.

While we were busy playing with kinetic sand and putting together Kevin's racetrack from Aunt Sue, I didn't notice that Ann Marie had found herself a candy cane and was having a great time sucking on it.



For breakfast we had Buttermilk Coffee Cake.


My parents sent this gorgeous dress for Ann Marie and I love it!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers