Sunday, July 27, 2014

Utah 2014: Day 2

Ian and Ellen were very kind to share their rooms with Kevin and Heidi. The kids generally did pretty well with the sleeping arrangements, although Heidi cried every time we tried to get her to take a nap (and fell asleep eventually most days).

Kira came back and spent the entire day with us, which was great. She and I are about the same age and we have always been good friends, so it was great to catch up and do a lot of chatting. I think this was the first time we had seen each other since I got married.

Ryan, Kira, Ann Marie, and I went to Walmart to get some fireworks and a pacifier clip (Ann Marie's favorite fell on the floor five minutes into the first airplane flight, and I decided right then that I was going to get a clip to try to prevent that happening again). Then we went to Smith's to compare prices for fireworks and get some fruit and milk. Ryan bought a variety of fireworks.

Kira made some amazing bread bowls to go with the cheeseburger soup my mom was making for dinner. It was really yummy. I think it was during this dinner that Kevin came in crying because he got stung by some wasps, which was pretty sad. There was a wasp nest in one of the swings on the swing set, but my dad took care of it that night.

Heidi is about 80% potty trained. Sometimes she did really great, and other times there would be a lot of tears because she didn't want to use somebody else's toilet, so sometimes there were interesting problems.

The order of when things happened is a little fuzzy now. I think Melissa arrived late on the 2nd. Mom threw a birthday party for Kevin and Heidi at some point. We had dinner with my grandparents on the 3rd. It was really nice to get to see them and talk for a while. Kevin and Heidi had a good time playing with the dance costumes (which was one of my favorite things to do at Grandma's house when I was little). Kevin came upstairs in some sparkly pink clothes and informed us that he was a princess, so we told him he looked very handsome (which was true). At some point during the week Ellen and Heidi helped me fill up water balloons and the kids had a water fight, which was fun.

My parents have an awesome backyard for kids. Ryan likes making these pictures of Heidi and her clones.


Kira and Ann Marie.






Ellen was very obliging.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers