Sunday, October 28, 2012

Trunk or Treat party

So, we had a good time at the ward party. The kids napped late and it took a while to get them in their costumes, and then there was traffic because last night was the UNC vs. NCSU game, so we ended up getting to the ward party an hour late. We had just about enough time to eat a little bit and then go trunk or treating.

I decided to rebel and bring bean dip and tortilla chips. Since we were late, most people probably didn't even know it was there, but I got a few compliments, and one guy said, "You brought this? Oh, bless you." Check out the awesome spiders made of olives that I put on top:


Ryan took Kevin trunk or treating and Heidi and I passed out candy. Kevin didn't really get the concept until the very end. At one of the last cars he saw one of his friends and he walked right up and said, "Trick or treat, Edward!" He's so smart, but sometimes he can be so oblivious.

Here are the kids in their costumes: Kevin the mad scientist (accessories: old computer hard drive and an electrical cord) with Heidi the pink lab mouse



Ryan said that even though parents and dentists and doctors freak out about kids having all that Halloween candy, there's something magical for kids about eating their Halloween candy. He's right. So I'm trying to let Kevin enjoy the magic. Heidi got to eat some Starbursts and thought they were great.


1 comment:

Hillary said...

Those are awesome olive spiders.

Blog Archive

Followers