Our ward party is tomorrow evening. So far the kids don't have any costumes, although the plan is theoretically simple to execute. I figured Kevin could be a mad scientist again, and Heidi will be the lab mouse. The mad scientist costume is spiked hair and a white Sunday shirt that doesn't fit Ryan, and the mouse costume is pink footed sleepers and mouse ears (that I somehow need to figure out how to make).
It looks like it's going to rain tomorrow night, which is good, because it means I don't have to feel bad that I'm not going to decorate the trunk. The closest I've ever come to decorating the trunk is draping a sheet across the floor of the trunk and dumping fake leaves (scavenged from a recent Relief Society activity) all over. Antifreeze got all over the sheet.
And if I'm ever in charge of organizing a ward Halloween Party, we're going to eat something besides chili and cornbread. There are all sorts of fun things you can make with a Halloween theme that taste better than chili, and I would love to have a chance to make them.
I guess I'm a party pooper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
1 comment:
My mother FORCED us to eat chili on Halloween every year before we could go trick-or-treating. I can still feel what it was like to glut myself with that hot mess. (Luckily, I've figured out how to cook Chili differently so that I like it again.)
Post a Comment