Lately Kevin has this thing with drinking out of bowls. It can be messy at times, but he's actually getting pretty good at it. It was awfully cute the other day when he got a hold of a big bowl that we had cut some pineapple into and drank the juice from the bottom.
Kevin has been getting to the park more often lately. I think it helped that it occurred to me that the park doesn't have to be a huge trip. I felt like if we were going to the park we were supposed to stay for three hours, but sometimes we just go for 45 minutes. We are so lucky to have lots of parks nearby.
For the last half of nursery, Kevin's class and another class go to the gym to play. One of the games Kevin really enjoys is when everyone stands at one side of the gym, and when the teacher says, "One, two, three . . . go!" they all run to the other side. It's great for the very end when the toys are all put away and the kids' parents are arriving. Lately Kevin loves playing this game at home too. He will stand at the end of the hallway, leaning against the wall, and yell, "Go!" and run to the living room, then yell "Go!" again and run back to the hallway. I think it's very cute.
Kevin is getting better at letting me brush his teeth. Only problem is, I either have to make silly faces or let him shove his fingers in my mouth in order to get him to cooperate. If I don't, he pinches his lips and teeth together so I can't get the toothbrush in. Or sometimes he'll let me get the toothbrush in slightly and then he'll bite down on it hard. I distinctly remember using this trick against my mom when I was little, and I thought I was so clever.
Oh, yes, and Kevin loves to shriek. Just for fun. It hurts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(144)
-
▼
May
(18)
- Cooking Beans Part 4: refried beans
- Cooking Beans Part 3: preparing beans ahead of time
- Well, I wasn't planning to publish the previous po...
- last couple of weeks in review
- cooking beans Part 2: boiling
- cooking beans Part 1: rinsing and soaking
- Is it worth it to bake your own bread?
- tummy comparisons
- snuggling
- this week
- on being a mother
- Jeffrey R. Holland on motherhood
- milk food
- notes about decluttering
- pennies in his pocket
- lessons in being flexible
- Data, please.
- Kevin's latest tricks
-
▼
May
(18)
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
No comments:
Post a Comment