Thursday, February 17, 2011
I like my midwives.
I just got back from an appointment with one of my midwives. (Baby Girl is doing great.) On Monday I remembered that I was supposed to bring a 3-day nutrition diary to my appointment, so I started keeping one. And today I got a lecture (not mean). It's not that I'm living on chips and cake, it's just that for some reason I tend to neglect eating vegetables. Driving home, I was thinking about it, and I realized that nobody ever asked me about my diet when I was pregnant with Kevin, except maybe once or twice I might have been casually asked if I try to eat from all the food groups and drink plenty of water. So I appreciated that this midwife actually cared to take the time to talk to me about what I eat and help me eat a healthier diet, instead of just saying in passing that it's a good idea. It's so much better to take care of myself now and avoid problems like preeclamsia and hypertension, rather than dealing with them if they show up, and I think it makes a lot more sense for healthcare to be focused on healthy lifestyle rather than waiting until people are actually sick. That is why I like my midwives, because they are willing to take the time to help me have a healthy pregnancy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(144)
-
▼
February
(12)
- some February pictures
- do as I'm doing
- Things I've learned about parenting: three warning...
- my progress towards being a geologist
- How do you name a girl?
- I like my midwives.
- looking outward
- Today I am staying home from church. I promise I'd...
- interesting quotes
- Tonight we had one of those dinners. RT was alread...
- pregnancy thoughts
- Keviny stuff
-
▼
February
(12)
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
2 comments:
Congratulations! I didn't realize that you are pregnant, when are you due?
Thanks! She is due in mid-June!
Post a Comment