Today I am staying home from church. I promise I'd rather be there! Yesterday I woke up coughing and literally didn't stop for at least a half hour. I got in the bathroom and turned on the hot water and sat there coughing on the floor by the tub. It was kind of scary for me, even though it seemed like it was a productive cough. I can't remember ever coughing like that. The rest of the morning was better as long as I concentrated very hard on my breathing. If I breathed too shallowly it would irritate my throat again and I would cough. By the end of the day I was breathing a lot better and not coughing as much. I turned on the humidifier before going to bed, scared I would wake up coughing uncontrollably again, but I felt better when I woke up. I'm not coughing as much and I've kind of lost my voice. But I knew I would not be coming to church because I definitely would not want to share whatever I've got, even if I did feel up to going. K has a runny nose and a little cough too, so one of us would have ended up staying home with him anyway.
I'm grateful to be feeling better. I said many prayers yesterday expressing my faith that God could heal me, and I feel that he did heal me.
It's kind of scary to get so sick when my body is also trying to nourish a growing baby. I think there are a lot of mechanisms in place to protect the baby, but I also know that sometimes things can get through to the baby. My thoughts were turned to Baby Girl, but she has been very active, as if to reassure me, "Don't worry about me! I'm doing great!" She seems like she has a very happy spirit. I think of her often and feel so eager to meet her (although I'm happy to wait until she's developed enough to breathe properly!).
So K and I will have to come up with some ways to honor the sabbath even if we can't go to church. We're lucky to have access to so many great resources about the church. I think we'll be looking up some Mormon Messages, listening to some talks and church music, and reading more from The Miracle of Forgiveness (if Kevin will let me). I'll have to let you know what we learned about the gospel today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(144)
-
▼
February
(12)
- some February pictures
- do as I'm doing
- Things I've learned about parenting: three warning...
- my progress towards being a geologist
- How do you name a girl?
- I like my midwives.
- looking outward
- Today I am staying home from church. I promise I'd...
- interesting quotes
- Tonight we had one of those dinners. RT was alread...
- pregnancy thoughts
- Keviny stuff
-
▼
February
(12)
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
2 comments:
I hope you continue to feel better! That's hard to be sick at any time and especially when you're pregnant. Take care.
I have been thinking of you the last few days and hope that your cough is better- it hurts to cough when you are pregnant!
Post a Comment