It really bothers me when my food disappears. Like the time about a year ago when I thought I had half a bag of carrots and then I went to make some chicken soup and the carrots were all gone. I didn't find out until recently that Ryan had actually eaten them all and thought I knew that. Well, on Thursday I bought a ham. It was a great deal, and it was boneless. I was quite excited about it. Then I came home and put away the groceries, and the ham was gone! I searched the house, checked the fridge and freezer to make sure I hadn't just forgotten it was already put away, and then decided to check the car just in case. No ham. So I'm pretty sure the cute pregnant lady behind me arrived home with a free ham. It was the last thing scanned, so I think it got mixed in with the other lady's stuff, which was already coming down the conveyor belt as the bagger put the bags in my cart. I was pretty concerned, because I didn't want to lose out on the money I had spent. But I went to customer service at the store yesterday since I was on the way home from Costco anyway, and the guy at the desk said, "Oh, just go get another ham, and I'll put it in a bag for you." I did hand him the receipt, but I don't know if he even looked at it to find the ham on it. So if you come home and realize some of your groceries didn't make it with you, that is what you do.
While I was at Costco, I got my eyes checked. I was surprised to find out that my eyesight has actually improved since I was last checked. I've noticed lately with my old contacts that sometimes it seems like I see better once they're out, but I sort of thought I was imagining it or that it was because it was the end of the day. The doctor also gave me larger contacts than I was wearing before. Apparently my old prescription was a little too tight. The larger ones should allow more tears to get beneath the contacts. That would explain why my eyes have been seeming dry at the end of the day lately. I think I'm noticing a difference with the new contacts, but it might just be because it's a new pair, which always feels better than an old pair. I love the feeling of putting a new pair of contacts in. New contacts slide in so naturally and painlessly--quite a contrast to the feeling of putting in an old pair of contacts, which I think could best be described as "like shoving a piece of plastic in your eye."
I'm
getting frustrated with all the bureaucracy at UNC. Everything is so disorganized and a lot more complicated than it needs to be. All the important parts of the university's website are buried so deep that you can't find them unless you know what you're looking for, which I don't, and even if I do find them it's hard to sift through all the useless information about all the clubs and dining services and on-campus housing that I'm not really interested in. It does look like I can finally enroll in classes (if there are any openings left in the classes I want to take!). I keep feeling like there are all sorts of things that I'm supposed to do that nobody has told me about. There's just no centralized place to find out what I need to know and do. I'm working on meeting with an advisor soon to get things planned out. UNC also seems to love using the College Board forms. You have to fill out the form on collegeboard.com and then pay exorbitant fees for the College Board to send the form to UNC, which might also ask for additional information. Maybe I should have known what I was getting into when this is what I saw after clicking submit at the end of the UNC application (click to enlarge):

I did not have these problems at BYU.
I love that Blogger fixed things so that I can preview this page and see how it will actually look when it's published, not just a white page with this post showing on it.
On another note, Kevin learned how to knock. He also learned how to throw a temper tantrum.
There was a ward ice cream social tonight, and part of the social included a homemade ice cream contest, so we entered some lemon ice cream into the contest. It was really yummy. This was the first time we have used our ice cream maker, even though we got it for a wedding present. We'll definitely have to use it again soon.
1 comment:
Yea for getting a second chance ham! :)
Spell check--website people--spell check. ;) (Actually there isn't always spell check when you're working online! That should be fixed.)
I mis-read what you said about your ward ice cream social. I thought you wrote a *weird* ice cream social. ! Then I kept reading and realized that it was nice and not weird at all. Good thing! We got an ice cream maker for our wedding, too. It's a wonderful gift. Maybe I should start giving ice cream makers for wedding gifts.
Post a Comment