If you look closely at the lid, you can see where the bread started baking against the top of the machine. That's probably my only complaint, but with a little experimentation that can probably be fixed.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
new breadmaker
Today I finally decided I was going to buy a bread machine. I've been making it by hand, but I don't have the time or motivation to make it as often as we need it, so we've been going without bread sometimes lately. I didn't want to pay $60-200 for one, and I had heard success stories of people getting them at thrift stores, so I went to the PTA thrift shop and bought one. It looks practically new, it has the manual, and . . . it was $10. We tried it out tonight, and, lo and behold, the result was bread. And it tasted good.


If you look closely at the lid, you can see where the bread started baking against the top of the machine. That's probably my only complaint, but with a little experimentation that can probably be fixed.
If you look closely at the lid, you can see where the bread started baking against the top of the machine. That's probably my only complaint, but with a little experimentation that can probably be fixed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
3 comments:
How fun!
We got a breadmaker from Granny for our wedding (15+ years ago). Sadly, I was always disappointed with how the bread turned out. It was okay, but not like homemade loaf bread. So, I didn't use it very often. Then, I learned I could use it to make dough, pull it out, and bake it. I've used it exclusively for dough since then. I go through cycles but sometimes make dough in it 4+ times a week. I make different recipes and make dough for a loaf of bread, french bread, breadsticks, or pizza dough. It's so easy to dump in stuff and pull out dough a while later. :)
I may move onto another machine sometime because it would be very handy to bake the bread sometime. :) I guess I need your thrift store here!
Way to go! I love great deals like getting an almost new breadmaker for $10 instead of $200! Love it, love it! Mark and I are starting to garage sale again...I are hoping to use your luck and get a patio set for super cheap!
PS...your bread looks delicious. It makes me want to go make bread!
Wow, $10! That's great! I never like how mine turn out in the bread maker (overbakes it), so I just use it on the dough cycle, then just shape it real fast, let it rise for 25 min, then bake it. It's a few extra steps, but for me worth it.
Post a Comment