Friday, April 29, 2016

Quiet book

A few years ago I made several quiet book pages, but I never got around to putting them together as a book, which meant it all got scattered all over the house. It got so bad I seriously considered just throwing it all away. In January I finally got around to getting all the pieces in one place and making it into a book, so here is the final product.

Velcro numbers (I had to reattach almost all the velcro):



This is a felt face with various face parts you can use to make faces. The face is glued to the page and the rest of the pieces go in the beige colored bag. This is one of the kids' favorite pages. This was one of the few busy bags I saved from the busy bag swap several years ago (big mess and I would not do it again). I used to have a magnet that could be used to move the paper clips around, but that disappeared and I haven't found an adequate substitute yet. There's also a zipper for zipping practice.

Touch and feel page with several different swatches of fabric.

Left side is a guy eating spaghetti (red yarn) out of a bowl. You pull the button on the image above to make the spaghetti go into his mouth. The downside to the string is that Kevin thought it made a great leash/kite/thing to drag the book around, but now he doesn't do that as much, so it's worked out. Right side is various buckles/things to adjust.

Left side has button flowers (still haven't found one of them), right side is for counting or just playing with the beads.

This was a lot of work and to be honest if I could go back in time I would tell my past self not to bother. Until recently Kevin and Heidi didn't have a lot of interest in it, although Ann Marie does play with it more. It's fun (but a little messy) for sacrament meeting.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers