Thursday, April 28, 2016

January pictures

We've had several technology changes happen in the past six months. Ryan and I got smart phones and we aren't really taking pictures with the camera anymore because it's so convenient to use our phones. So Ryan has pictures on his phone that I haven't gotten around to importing and that therefore will not be featured in this series of catch-up posts. And if you take pictures on your phone it's really easy to just share one on Instagram. Then our computer died and even Ryan was not able to resurrect it, so we had to get a new one. The hard drive seems fine and I don't think we lost any files, but we were using Picasa and Google has stopped supporting Picasa, which means we can't download Picasa anymore. So now I'm trying to find a replacement for Picasa. I'm trying out Windows Photos, which has some basic photo editing abilities, but so far it's making me annoyed and I'm not sure how much of that is because it actually is annoying ("We automatically made this album for you! Isn't that convenient?" "No, that's not convenient! Just let me do that myself and leave me alone!") versus me being frustrated trying to figure out a new program. It's definitely not as good as Picasa and I don't think I'm going to stick with it. So I guess that's why I have almost four months of photos to share on my blog. I'm going to try to get caught up, but there probably won't be much editing or cropping on the photos. Then again, I don't usually do that anyway. Anyway, here are some pictures from January.

My mom found these dresses from when my sister Melissa and I were kids.



Some kids sleep with teddy bears. Kevin sleeps with electronics.




We had some snow days and the kids enjoyed playing in the snow to varying degrees. I was grateful we didn't have two weeks straight of snow days like last year.






No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers