Sunday, September 20, 2015

Next week our kids are participating in the Primary program at church, and they came home with invitations to give to friends. Kevin was very excited about it and wanted to go straight to a friend's house to invite him. The friend wasn't home, so Kevin wanted to invite a different friend instead. When he knocked on the friend's house he handed the invitation to the friend and started trying to explain, but the friend and his parents made it very clear that they didn't want to come to our church because they are Christians, and they said that other people from our church had gotten in their face and they didn't want to hear anything about it. It was probably the most awkward missionary experience I ever had and I came home feeling upset and wishing we hadn't even tried, especially because these people are our neighbors and we see them all the time.

But then I came home and read an entry in my journal in which I recorded some revelation I received in the temple about a year ago. At the time I was told by the Spirit that the most important thing with Kevin is to help him develop his testimony and prepare him for his mission. And now even though it was really awkward I think I am glad that this happened this afternoon because it is important for Kevin to gain experience trying to share the gospel and to know that sometimes people aren't interested. What a blessing it was that I recorded my temple experience a year ago so that I could look back on that memory now and see things in the right perspective.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers