A few years ago I found a pattern for an adorable dress on Pinterest. I printed it off and started sewing it, but before I finished I realized that even though it was supposed to be size 18 months, it wasn't going to fit Heidi for a few years. I also got discouraged with some mistakes I had made and some issues with the pattern, so at some point I stopped working on it and it sat in a drawer until this summer.
Then one day I pulled it out and tried it on Heidi and realized it fit her, so I decided to finish it up. I think the final result is very pretty, and Heidi loves it. This is one of my favorite pieces of fabric that I got from my grandma, and I think I still have enough to make another small dress.
The dress has a square neck and the front has a panel with three buttons on each side. It wasn't the best designed pattern I've ever made (it would probably work a lot better if it had a zipper in back), but I actually really like the way it turned out. It kind of reminds me of a Jane Austen movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment