I have a goal to take the kids on a hike once a week this summer. The first week we went with some friends to the nature trails at the NC Botanical Gardens, which was perfect for the kids. The second week I wanted to take the kids to a place on campus, but I realized once we got there that the place I had been planning to park required a permit, so when Heidi asked to go back to the Botanical Gardens and see the fish I agreed. Kevin and Heidi always enjoy the fish, the old log house, and the giant chess board.
The temperature was actually quite pleasant while we were there. Unfortunately, our visit was cut short because Kevin slipped in the dirt while playing in a maze made of sticks, and he got a pretty nasty cut on his knee. He insisted he wanted to go home right away. I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw all the blood trickling down his leg as we were walking back to the car. Fortunately, we have a first aid kit in the car, so while Kevin was sobbing loudly I was able to clean it with water and antiseptic wipes and then tape gauze over it (it was a large enough wound that none of the band-aids would cover it). Kevin believes beyond a shadow of a doubt in the pain relieving properties of band-aids, so he insisted on having the largest band-aid put over the gauze despite my explanation that the gauze was a bandage. Thankfully it's healing really well. There's just a tiny scab left.
No comments:
Post a Comment