Heidi was very excited to celebrate her fourth birthday on June 23rd. It was pretty low-key. She requested homemade macaroni and cheese for dinner and then we had presents and cake.
I didn't have time to make the cake, so Ryan made it when he got home from work (he actually is the one who usually makes the birthday cakes) and it was still a little warm when he frosted it. The frosting was sort of melted and runny from the warm cake, so it was quite a messy affair to eat it. Ann Marie did not get any because it was too messy. It was also very sweet. Even Ryan warned me that he wasn't planning to take any for his lunch the next day, and I didn't eat any more than the one piece.
She got some My Little Ponies, Moxie dolls (they're like the Target brand of Barbies, except I think they look more like real people), and books, and she adores the ponies and the dolls. Of course their hair is already a matted mess, but that's doll hair for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment