Kevin: Mom, can you pop some popcorn for us and we'll watch a movie?
Me: Well, I don't think we can watch a movie right now because I need to make bread and wash the dishes.
Kevin: Well, how about you make us some popcorn and then you can make bread and wash dishes while we watch the movie?
Me: But then I wouldn't get to watch the movie.
Kevin: Well, that's okay.
Kevin: Mom, who is your favorite princess?
Me: Belle.
Kevin: How about you, Heidi? Who is your favorite princess?
Heidi: Cinderella (which was an unexpected response because I didn't know she knew about Cinderella)
Me: Who is your favorite princess, Kevin?
Kevin: No, I don't like princesses. I'm a boy, so I have to like bad guys.
Me: Oh, really? Well, who is your favorite bad guy?
Kevin: Um, Spiderman.
Often when Ryan is working on something (often it's blog posts) he will find a song that helps him think and listen to it over and over again. Kevin has does the same thing. He has a few songs that really help him calm down. It warms my heart because whenever he does it, it reminds me of Ryan. It also seems to help him to listen to songs with earbuds using the ipod (as opposed to just hearing them through the speakers). Some of the songs Kevin likes are Believe (Josh Groban), Oceano (Josh Groban), Bless the Broken Road (Rascal Flatts), and Down to the River to Pray (Alison Krauss). He also really likes the music on the Couch to 5K podcasts I've been using.
Heidi
Heidi is convinced that her tableware has to match her clothes. If she's wearing a pink shirt, a purple bowl will not do.
The kids have both been doing soccer at the YMCA this fall. Kevin has improved a lot since last year and is for the most part participating and listening to his coaches. Heidi has been struggling for some reason. I signed her up because last year she was so upset that she didn't get to participate, so I thought she'd have a great time. The first few practices, it took her 20 minutes to be willing to go onto the field, and she only consented to participate if she could use the pink ball. Last week she ended up crying so hysterically that Ryan had to take her to the car. She was still crying and shaking when Kevin and Ann Marie and I came after practice was over. But this week went much better. I held her hand on the field a lot of the time, and that helped her to be more willing to participate. After a half hour or so she was independently chasing the ball, and there were even a couple of times where she kicked the ball quite a ways down the field and then another teammate was able to score a goal. So I'm glad that we were able to find a way to help her feel more confident. I think she gets overwhelmed by all the girls, especially when they are playing a game with the other team.
Ann Marie
Ann Marie puts everything in her mouth (including her toes) and drools a lot. She loves rubbing her feet together and does it as much as she can. She is figuring out how to make a "D" sound.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
No comments:
Post a Comment