Sunday, February 16, 2014

Snow Day #1

On January 29 we got a snow day! It doesn't snow here very often, so when it does it's a big deal. School was cancelled and everything (which was awesome since I had a quiz that day that I wasn't ready for).

Ryan got the kids all bundled up and took them outside, and I joined them a little later with the camera. Kevin and Heidi had a good time in the snow. It wasn't great snow for snowballs and snowmen, but we did try.







Fox prints in the snow



Heidi was done with the snow a lot earlier than Kevin, but when I offered to take her inside she didn't want to go in without Daddy, so we stayed out a little longer and then Ryan took her inside.



Kevin stayed out much longer. He was having a fabulous time. We found this cute little snowman that someone had made and Kevin picked it up and carried it around.



At one point he wanted to play but didn't want to let go of the snowman, so I told him to put it down in the snow and I would keep an eye on it for him. Unfortunately I got a little distracted talking about kindergarten to a friend and before I realized it some mean kid had grabbed the little snowman, carried it off, and stomped on it. I was hoping Kevin would forget about it, but later he noticed the stomped up snow and immediately recognized the little snowman. We were not successful in rebuilding him, but fortunately Kevin wasn't too upset about it. (He has his challenges, but fortunately when it comes to stuff like this he rarely gets dramatic.)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers